Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Frankenstein Bird Marionettes in Progress

I totally understand how these sweet little birds can freak people out- but how oddly intriguing they are!  (made from antique German bisque doll parts)  STILL in progress, these are coming to life as I write this.  I apologize to those of you who wrote- awaiting their completion.....
...but I have been preparing for craft shows, (mortgage, water bills, summer camps!) and these indulgences have been put aside.  They are now calling to me, as are the mixed media hot air balloons- waiting so patiently in my tiny studio.  My craft voice is unclear to me now- I'm struggling between my craft, and my creative voice- hoping to find a direction.  
I know where I want to go, but with this tanking economy, makes it so difficult for designers to survive.  In my next post, maybe I'll ask you all which direction I should focus on- vintage textiles & purses, one-of-a-kind vintage jewelry, or mixed media.  Maybe I should go back to waiting tables- I can still mix a mean drink!  It's late- I'm feeling a bit defeated tonight...

Stay tuned... more thoughts tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment