Wednesday, December 22, 2010

...More Vintage Fabric Birdhouses....

See the previous post on my recent discovery of my vintage fabric birdhouses I made last year. This one is my favorite- the roof is covered with vintage buttons and bits, and the red crushed velvet is covered with antique lace. A miniature red chair sits outside on the porch.....
This shabby chic style house features country blue and red florals and toiles, with a vintage drawer pull perch and a lace doily.
Certainly not very practical, but I really love making these....
The yellow house is a bit more formal with a vintage pocket watch dial and antique skeleton key perch. The fabrics on this house aren't vintage- but I like the mix of old and new.
There they are- my lost birdhouses. They are back in their box awaiting spring, when they'll either make nice birthday gifts or the shelves of my Etsy shop.
As I promised my family- no more computer time this week. (just a few sneak peaks!) Lastly, I want to share a Christmas card by the Sisters of Notre Dame. It reads:

WHEN
the song of the angels is stilled,
the star in the sky is gone,
the kings and princes are home,
the shepherds are back with their flock,

THEN
The work of Christmas begins:
to find the lost,
to heal the broken,
to feed the hungry,
to release the prisoner,
to rebuild the nations,
to bring peace among people,
to make music in the heart.

Merry Christmas my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Your bird houses are fab! love the verse, and a very merry Christmas to you my friend! jennyx

    ReplyDelete