Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Vintage Fabric Birdhouses...

Funny thing happened today... while I was hiding Christmas presents in the attic I stumbled on this box of vintage fabric birdhouses I made last summer. I was kind-of having a bad day & when I opened this box my heart skipped a beat!
I LOVE making these- all my cherished little vintage fabric scraps & bits, tassels and birds, vintage buttons and shells....
I packed them away after a show I did last summer. It was a successful show- my bags sold well- but nobody "got" these. People asked what you do with them? what are they? Can you use them outdoors? I guess I took it all a bit too personally and packed them away.
I'll post a few more tomorrow (I promised my son I wouldn't spend too much time on my computer this week)
I'm not sure what I'll do with these- they might make it to my Etsy shop, but I might wait until spring.
Well- more tomorrow. After a CRAZY craft show month I'm enjoying doing nothing but catching up on sleep and spending time with the family.
Have a peaceful night....

No comments:

Post a Comment