Thursday, June 24, 2010

Going to the Lake

We've gone to this Lake for 25 years. Every summer all my sisters pack up their families, board their pets, and put their lives on hold for this one treasured week. Every summer we survived the water skiing, Dad's famous rum punches, cousins, scrabble games, sunsets, fishing, birthday parties, flea markets.....
I'm very thankful for another year we are all healthy and able to make the trip. Even though their place is small, no one treasures this week more than my parents. So many changes over the years- new additions to the family, babies, marriages, my baby niece starting college this year!
I'll be back in 10 days- rested and sunburned- ready for more crafty endeavors. I hope to read a book, catch up with everyone, find some new antique barns, and only check my email once a day!
See you all soon- hopefully with a few stories to tell!
Me & my sisters!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment