Saturday, September 5, 2009

What I'm working on....

I was feeling very uninspired the last few months until I came across an old box of religious trinkets in my studio.  I started collecting vintage religious medals about 5 years ago but didn't really want to make jewelry that was overtly religious.  
My everyday necklace the past few years is a tiny silver Mary medal that I bought at Notre Dame 20 years ago. (it was probably a dollar or 2 but I never mastered the exchange rate thing in Europe back then)  I wired on a little pearl and silver cross- very simple.  I have seen a lot of religious medals used lately in jewelry- and I'm starting to work on a collection with this theme.  I'm hoping to share this process as I go- my blog friends have been so helpful & supportive!  So now that the commissions are done, school has started, and the major projects are past me- I have a blank canvas.  Can any of you recommend someone that does silver casting?  I have some things I want to cast multiples of & don't know where to start looking!
Thanks & have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment