Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Vintage Ephemera Charm Necklaces

Here's a sneak peak at a series of necklaces I made.  I think I was inspired by these great vintage brass frames and the piles of ephemera I have & never use.  Each piece is one-of-a-kind, and incorporates other vintage glass beads and charms.  The brass has been aged, and the image and frame sealed for protection.  They all hang from a delicate 20" brass chain.

This first one is a vintage London bus ticket- accented by a vintage train token, an antique vaseline glass African trade bead, and a wishbone for lucky travels.

This one features a vintage 1967 Fillipinas postage stamp of Santa Rosa de Lima.  She has 2 vintage glass beads and a brass cross hanging down.

This last one is a vintage postage stamp of an  orchid, also with 2 vintage glass beads.  I made 10 necklaces- all very different, which I'll start listing this evening in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment