Saturday, March 21, 2009

Antique German "Frozen Charlotte" Dolls

I've seen a lot of these lately in the mixed media world.  These are wonderful antique porcelain dolls that were dug out of the remains of a German doll factory in Thuringia.  The factory produced these dolls, called Frozen Charlottes between 1890 and 1920.  My package arrived this morning from Germany- purchased from an elderly woman who is one of the "seekers". 
These vary in size, between 4" to a wee 1".  I love the dolls that still have earth on them- little artifacts from a different time.  I have another package on the way with many, many of the 1" size.  I always buy in bulk- so will have some to sell.  (send me a note if interested)  I don't know quite yet what I'll do with them......

2 comments:

  1. I would love to know what your pricing for the dolls will be! How exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you have decided to sell any of the frozen charlottes yet? I am interested ... I am in Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete