Wednesday, June 17, 2009

All Cooped Up- Vintage Murano Glass Birdcages

I have a lot of these vintage Venetian glass birds.  These are the real thing- made on the island of Murano in the 1950's.  It's difficult to use them in designs because the wire is at the bottom of the bird.
Then I found these vintage brass bead cages.  I LOVE these- but not sure if anyone would want to wear birdcage earrings.  Would you?  The cages are tiny- about 1/2".
I added tortoise color glass beads on both ends....
I also made a few of these necklaces a few months ago which sold, but I worry that they're too fragile.  These are all different- but I used antique watch parts in a glass vial, with the bird perched on top.
Well- I'm off to list the earrings in my Etsy shop-I hope someone out there likes them!
Happy Wedenesday!  I hope this rain clears :)




No comments:

Post a Comment