Thursday, August 4, 2011

Linen Leaves & Birds...

Just a quick post....this is the last of my vintage fabric leaf pillows. I love making these and they sell well, but it's time to move on. I have more leaf designs in the works- trees, mushrooms, woodland scenes...
I made my first petite bird pillow almost a year ago- I was using up little scraps of linen and made a teal one with a blue calico bird very last minute before a show. It was the first thing that sold- to a sweet woman who attends the show every year. She's very petite herself, and seems very shy- much like a bird. I always think of her when making these.
Maybe I'll share that with her this year. These last bird pillows now have a handful of organic lavender in the stuffing.

That's all for now. I put my sewing machine away for several weeks to concentrate on the new leather pieces. AND- I'm off to North Carolina!!!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment