Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fabric Birdhouses

Just what everyone needs- a fabric birdhouse- right? Not the most practical thing I ever made (what my husband told me). They're made entirely of fabric- linen house with fabric roofs, and dresden plate fronts.
I had intended to make a half dozen or so to hang in my booth at Summer Market, but it took me awhile to figure out the construction, and I thought I should focus my efforts on more salable items for the show. With all that behind me, I'll finish these houses before I move on.
Wouldn't they look cute hanging in a nursery? They stand about 8" tall, and each will have an invisible line for hanging. I'll photo the rest when they're done. Maybe they'll make it to my Etsy shop- I don't know yet.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe not practical but oh so cute!I've contemplated ways to make fabric birdhouses myself and could never figure how to go about it...very sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea- I would LOVE to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete