Saturday, June 27, 2009

Vintage Murano Glass Bird Necklace

My garage sale senses were tingling the minute I woke up this morning- I just knew I would find something special.  Sometimes you just know.... So when I saw this elderly woman selling mason jars for $3 apiece I almost kept walking- until I saw this beautiful necklace.
Very dusty, still with a "made in Italy" tag, AND with matching earrings- I tried to nonchalantly pick it up without her seeing my heart pounding.  I don't know much about these necklaces- but I know that individually the beads are worth alot.  The real Venetian deal!  Should I tell you all the price tag was $3- that's three dollars- twelve quarters.

I'll sleep well tonight.  I might even wear this necklace tomorrow.  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful necklace!!! truly a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace is gorgeous! Love the bird theme too!

    ReplyDelete