Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Vintage Fabric Birdhouses

My first blog entry- and although I don't have a lot to say- I'd love to show my friends what inspires me and what I've been working on.

If you were a bird, what would your house look like?  Would you be Scrappy Chic?  French Country Hippie?  Country Bird?
Like a crazy bird getting ready for spring, I gathered all my scraps & bits, too tiny to use for anything else, little vintage Japanese clay birds, and made my spring houses....




Would you be Girlie Bird?


I loved making these little fabric scrap birdhouses.  Can you tell I'm ready for spring?  (in case you're wondering, if I were a bird I'd live in the yellow La Casa, but I wouldn't be a blue jay- they're too aggressive.  I'd rather be a robin- can you imagine laying eggs that color!)
What birdhouse would you live in and what kind of bird would you be?

2 comments:

  1. What great birdhouses. I'd live in that last one and be a hummingbird or maybe a yellow goldfinch.

    It was nice meeting you last night. Love your new website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got birdhouses on the brain too - my next set of art houses is going to be birdhouses!

    ReplyDelete